HOME > Graduate program > Medical engineering
The Graduate Program in Medical Engineering Provides interdisciplinary researches in the application of basic science and engineering for medicine and life science. Two courses are offered: one for medical school graduates (M.D.),and the other for 4-year university graduates degrees in life science, polymer science and electronic engineering. Current researches include: 1) Regenerative Medicine : manipulating cells for tissue regeneration, fabrication of the extracellular matrix for tissue regeneration, biodegradable scaffold for cell or cytokine delivery, artificial tissue and organogenesis, and biocompatibility, 2) Biomedical Electronics: biomedical instrumentation, biosignal measurement & processing, medical image processing, telemedicine, medical informatics, etc.
The graduate program in Medical Engineering offers Master's and Ph.D. degrees in medical science, science or engineering.
For Medical School Graduates (M.D.)
This program is operated as a part of the Graduate Program in Medical Science. Applicant for the Masters of Medical Science program must be a graduates from a medical school that offers undergraduate course more than 6 years. Application and admission to the Ph.D. in Medical Science program is permitted only for the applicants possessing a Master's degree in Medical Science.
For 4-year University Graduates
- Application and Admission to the Master's program
Applicants for the Master of Science or Engineering must possess a bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering. To enter the program, applicant must pass the entrance examination consisting of English test and oral examination.
- Requirements for Master of Science or Engineering Degree in the Graduate Program in Medical Engineering
- Completion of 30 credits is required, in which minimum 9 credits should be completed in the Graduate Program In Medical Engineering.
- Completion of an acceptable dissertation and presentation at a scientific meeting and/or publication in a journal are required.
- Application and Admission to the Ph.D. program
Applicants for the Ph.D. of Science or Engineering must possess a Master's degree in Science or Engineering. To enter the program, applicant must pass the entrance examination consisting of English test and oral examination. The Graduate Program in Medical Engineering assigns the 9 credits that the student did not possess in this program.
- Requirements for Ph.D. in Science or Engineering Degree in the Graduate Program in Medical Engineering
- Completion of 60 credits is required, in which minimum 18 credits should be completed in the Graduate Program in Medical Engineering.
- Completion of an acceptable dissertation is required. The degree candidate has to dissert on the basis of his/her paper(s) which must be accepted for publication in a journal.
Courses in Medical Engineering
- Courses for Master's Degree
- NF502 Biomedical Instrumentation
- NF503 Biomedical Signal Analysis
- NF505 Biomedical Instrument Structure
- NF506 Real Time Medical System Design
- NF508 Biomedical Numerical Methods
- NF511 Medical Image Processing
- NF513 Multidimensional Medical Image Processing
- NF514 Analog Biocircuit Design
- NF521 Medical Information System
- NF531 Biomedical Materials
- NF561 Introduction to Anatomical Physiology
- NF562 Medicalchemical Analysis
- NF563 Polymeric MateriaIE for Medicine
- NF564 Current Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- NF699 Directed Research I
- Courses for Doctoral Degree
- NF702 Electronic Devices for Rehabilitation
- NH704 Digital Time Series Analysis and Applications
- NF711 Medical Image Communication System
- NF731 Tissue Engineering
- NF732 Tissue Regeneration
- NF741 Topics on Artificial Organs
- NF742 Biocompatibility Methodology
- NF751 Biomedical Radiation Theory
- NF752 Human Embriologyv
- NF753 Application of Medical Information System
- NF899 Directed Research II